Due to a high number of requests from customers, the following is a update of how the ongoing Covid-19 epidemic is affecting Falcon and how we are dealing with it. Falcon Precision are still continuing to operate at a slightly reduced capacity. We are in daily communication with our key suppliers and sub-contractors and there is currently next to no disruption to the supply chain.
Falcon Precision supply a growing collection of medical based companies and as a result we have taken on a number of important Covid-19 related jobs that have been given top priority, but still have capacity available if you need us to take on more work. With regards to staff, we are of course unable to work from home so we have implemented a number of changes to facilitate a safe working environment in the factory. These are as follows:
- All staff must work at least 2 metres away from each other as per the current government guidelines.
- All non-essential meetings/travel have been cancelled.
- All operators must no longer log on/off job cards on the computer terminals, only on the paper copy with their own pen.
- We have reduced the number of staff on-site and spread out the ones that are on-site across our 3 shifts to reduce the chance of staff working too close to each other.
- All staff have been put on separate lunch schedules so they do not congregate in the same areas at the same time.
- A number of staff have been moved onto different work patterns to help with either children/dependant requirements or health issues. However production are still operational 05:00 Monday – 21:00 Thursday, 05:00 – 13:00 Friday. Office hours are 08:00 – 17:00, Monday – Thursday, 08:00 – 13:00 Friday.
- We have implemented a new cleaning schedule whereby all staff must clean down all ‘points of contact’ in their area at the beginning of their shift and after lunch.
- All staff have been given clear information on how to wash their hands properly, with additional signs put up in front of all sinks.
We will continue to monitor and re-evaluate all of the above and will keep you up to date if anything changes. If there are any questions about any of the above do not hesitate to email or call on the details at the top of the page.